Daniel Commentary Review
In the process of developing the Daniel course, I'll be posting updates to the Daniel Defended companion commentary here for review.
I would appreciate help from anyone who has the time and interest to review any of the materials posted here.
Please send corrections or feedback to contact@SpiritAndTruth.org and mention "ST-EMAIL" somewhere in the subject line.
Corrections may be sent either by email or postal mail:
- Email - For each correction or comment, please include the section number (and page number if reviewing a PDF file), and a few words from the surrounding text to establish the context of the correction or suggestion. Alternately, you can use a recent version of the free Adobe PDF reader to markup an electronic PDF copy (see tips below).
- Postal Mail - If you prefer marking up a paper copy, print out a copy of the material and mark it up with a colored pen. Then use the email address above to contact us to request our postal address. You can then send those pages containing your corrections to us by postal mail -- we are more than happy to reimburse reviewers for their postal costs (from anywhere in the USA or Canada only please).
Tips for Reviewing with Adobe
To markup a PDF document using Adobe's free PDF reader:
- Right-click the link for the PDF copy of the document you are reviewing and choose "save target as" (in Internet Explorer) or "save link as" (in Firefox) to save it to your computer. (An alternate approach is to install the Bullzip PDF Printer, open the HTML version of the section you are reviewing, and then convert it to PDF format from within your web browser by printing to the Bullzip PDF Printer.)
- Close your web browser, find the locally saved PDF file on your computer and open it separately from the web browser (be sure you are reading it using Adobe Reader as a stand-alone application without running from within your web browser.)
- Drag the mouse over a word or phrase.
- Right-click and choose "highlight".
- Right-click on the highlighted region and select "open popup".
- Type your comment into the popup text field.
- Add as many highlights and popup text annotations as desired.
- Save the document when you are done.
- Email the marked up document to contact@SpiritAndTruth.org and mention "ST-EMAIL" somewhere in the subject line.
NOTE: During the commentary writing and review process, I'm generating updates to the PDF copies of various sections in a way which saves time, but may adversely affect the layout of some tables and images. Because of this, images may not always appear on the same page as their caption or related endnote. These deficiencies will be corrected during layout of the final commentary prior to going to print.
|Daniel Defended (Online Web Version)|
This is the online version which will always have the most up-to-date material.
|2.2 - As We Begin|
|2.3 - Authorship|
|2.4 - Date|
|2.5 - Language|
|2.6 - Versions|
|2.7 - Theme|
|2.8 - Structure|
|2.9 - Historical Setting|
|3.1 - Daniel 1|
|3.2 - Daniel 2|
|3.3 - Daniel 3|
|3.4 - Daniel 4|
|3.5 - Daniel 5|
|4.1 - Babylon|
|4.2 - Chronology|
|4.3 - Darius the Mede|
|4.4 - New Testament Use of Daniel|
|4.5 - Sequence of Kingdoms|
|5.1 - Expanded Table of Contents|
|5.7 - Bibliography|
Copyright © 2019 by Tony Garland
(Version 1.3 generated on Sun Sep 15 22:42:27 2019)