Between Modesty and Marriage:
Laying the Foundation
- To share with Christian parents a vision for training their children in the practical area of purity for life.
- To suggest ways for families to deal with issues of heart attitude, standards of appearance & behavior, and preparation for future marriage & family life.
- To encourage Christian young people to strive for a high standard of integrity and purity in their lives.
Looking at the Typical Teen Topics
A Compartmentalized View of Teen Topics
A Comprehensive View of Teen Topics
"Pearls on a String" or a Continuum
What is Purity?
"Demonstrating our reverence for God's holiness by the way in which we live."
Broadening Our View of Purity
|Men -- need to focus on becoming godly leaders who emphasize honoring femininity and exemplifying a masculine standard of purity.
||Women -- need to focus on exercising their influence in appropriate ways and communicating a feminine standard of purity.|
|Children -- character is formed during the early years, and they need to build a standard of purity into their character.
||Teens -- their knowledge is put into practice, and they increasingly take personal responsibility for their own lives.
||Adults -- standards of purity must be practiced throughout life, and they become the role models for children and teens.|
The High Points:
- The issue of purity applies to people of all ages throughout life.
- It will impact your family whether or not you deliberately address it. If you do not provide guidelines for your children, then the worldly culture certainly will!
- Everyone has a stake in maintaining purity of heart, mind, and behavior.
|For Fathers and Mothers
||For Sons and Daughters|
- "Our child needs to be conformed to the image of Christ."
- "We need a practical plan to teach godly character."
- "We need to be working on this now."
- "I need to become a godly person."
- "I need a practical plan for developing godly character."
- "I need to be working on this now."
- Don't Panic! You don't have to come up with a plan on the spot!
- Begin with prayer for wisdom in developing a plan for building purity into all of our lives.